The EE Act (Section 53 (5) as Amended) states that the relevant Codes of Good Practice MUST be referred to.
Code of good
practice: Preparation, implementation and monitoring of employment equity plans : 7.2 Communication, Awareness and Consultation
6.3 The planning phase of the process should include a communication, awareness and training programme.
7.2.1 All employees should be made aware and informed of –
- the content and application of the Act as preparation for their
participation and consultation;
- employment equity and anti-discrimination issues;
- the proposed process to be followed by the employer;
- the advantages to employees of participation in the process, and
- the need for the involvement of all stakeholders in order to promote
Please Note : The above is also confirmed in the Dept of Labour Basic Guide to Employment Equity Consultations : Informing Workers ~ ALL workers must be informed...The Employer must retain attendance registers as proof of awareness / training sessions.
Training Companies in South Africa facilitate “Accredited EE Training”, but the
contents of the training do not comply with the requirements as stated above
resulting in additional financial expenditure for employers having to re-train
Our training and awareness programmes :
- Have been carefully designed to meet the requirements above and that of the Dept. of Labour.
- Are interactive , practical and to the point.
- Presented by a Subject Matter Expert & Accredited Skills Development Facilitator.
- Contains "real life" scenarios & awareness material as required by the Codes of Good Practice , plus employee motivation.
EE Training Options :
Option 1 *** 2h30min Awareness Session
Diversity, Anti-Discrimination, EE Act & Regulations, 10 Steps to an EE Plan and Compliance, 6 Codes of Good Practice *** Our most popular training option to inform all employees as per the requirements above *** *** Large Group Discounts Available ***
Option 2 *** Full Day
Diversity, Anti-Discrimination, EE Act & Regulations, 10 Steps to an EE Plan and Compliance, 6 Codes of Good Practice, Conducting an EE Audit, Drafting an EE Plan
Ethics at Work Awareness Session : ***2 Hours
The importance of Work Ethics, Ethics and Ethical Behavior, Top 10 Work Ethics, Global Economic Crime Survey versus South Africa, Code of Ethics and Business Ethics, PLUS : A customized section on the management and implementation of ethics within the client's specific company
Comments on our Training Sessions
Expectation of content exceeded"
great and an eye opener"
useful and opened our eyes"
good, clear and easy to understand"
was very informative and helpful"
informative - Definite better understanding of the EE Plans &
+ very helpful"
found the content very useful and easy to follow"
knowledgeable and has a lot of experience in the field"
method of training was excellent" "Very
knowledgeable and able to handle difficult groups"
informed, and allows group discussion and input"
her contents in terms of topic. Presented subjects thoroughly and very
Visser - Subjects matter expert"
a very good understanding of content."